We know that you've worked hard on your Verst website. To make the transition to another platform as easy as possible before Verst shuts down on 12/21, we built an export tool so that you will be able to get all of your content on your Verst site in multiple formats.
First, follow the instructions below to receive a Wordpress .xml file of your site’s content, which you can upload to your new site on Squarespace, Wordpress, or Medium using their import tools. Additionally, all Verst users will receive an email from us at the beginning of December that includes a link to a file containing the standard version of their .xml export in addition to all photos and text from their Verst website.
1. Log in to the desktop Verst CMS
2. Click Export Site at the top of the menu on the left
3. Click the dropdown menu to select the type of XML that you need. You have two options:
- Wordpress.com - Select this option if you plan to transfer your site to Wordpress, and that site will be hosted by Wordpress.com (this will be the case for most sites on Wordpress, unless you plan to do your own hosting. Learn more about Wordpress hosting here). If you select this type of export, type your Wordpress.com domain in the box that appears. (Note: doing this ensures that your photos appear in the correct location when you import the file to your new Wordpress site)
- Standard - Select this option if you plan to transfer your site to Squarespace, Medium, or will be self-hosting your Wordpress site
4. Click Export at the bottom left of the screen. Your .xml will download to your downloads folder on your computer.
Check out the rest of our guides in the Export & Site Transfer section of our FAQs for more information on transitioning to Squarespace, Wordpress, or Medium.