Setting a Theme
1. To set your theme, click on My Site. Then select Themes.
2. You will see many themes. You can choose between free or premium (paid). Select the theme that you want.
Creating a Menu
1. Once you’ve chosen your theme, you are able to customize it. Click Customize (next to Themes, in first image). Then look down to select Menus.
2. Click Primary, then click + Add Items.
You will see a new menu open on the side. Here, there are a few things you can do:
3. Click Categories to find a menu with all of the categories you created on Verst. Click on the those you want to add as categories on your new Wordpress site.
4. Click Pages to add your Verst pages (such as your homepage or your About Me page) to your site. You can also click on the reorder option to rearrange the order of the menus.
5. When you’re done, make sure to click Save and Publish
Setting up feature images
1. Under My Site, go to Blog Posts. Click on the post that needs a feature image
2. Click into Post Settings on the top right of the screen. In the dropdown menu that appears, click Feature image
3. Click Set Feature Image. This will take you to your Images menu. This menu has the feature images that were exported from Verst.
4. Here, click the feature image that you want and click Set Feature Image
5. Click Update in the top right to save your site with your feature image.
6. The feature image is now added to the post and located above the post title in editing
Setting a Static Front (Home) Page
. To set your front (home) page, click on Themes then click Customize on the selected theme
2. Select Static Front Page option to set your homepage.
3. Select static page for Front page display. In the drop down menu for Front Page, add a new page named Home and select “Home”. Apply any image or text in your Verst home page to the “Home” page. In the drop down menu for Posts page, add and select the new page you created.
4. Save & Publish