Here at Verst we make publishing simple, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t a lot of options! By the end of this article, you should be able to publish content like a pro.
Note: This is adapted from Content in The Essentials. If you already read that and have questions, check out our other FAQs. If you're still having issues, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
When you log in, you'll see your Verst Dashboard:
The fastest way to get started is by clicking on the pink notepad.
Ta-da! You’ve already created your first draft.
Tip: To get back to the homepage, simply close the post you are working on or click at the top left. This appears when you have selected one of the options (like content) on the left of your Dashboard.
While working on your draft, you can:
- Insert a header image by clicking the landscape icon on the far right, you can either upload a saved photo from your hard drive by clicking . If you want to search for or use a photo from the internet click the and search for your desired image!
- Once you’ve uploaded an image, you can reformat, change the focal point, or delete it with the trash can icon.
- If you upload a photo and don't like the way it was formatted don't worry! You can adjust the focal point of the photo. After you upload a photo you'll notice the target icon in the corner . Click this and you will have the option to adjust the focal point of your header image. Click anywhere on the image and the changes will immediately change in your header. Once your content you can click done or hit reset to return the image to its original formatting
- Title your post (Tip: You can select A/B in the top right corner to A/B test two different titles and find out which title gets more clicks)
- Jump right into telling your story!
Tip: As long as you have an internet connection, your post will automatically save as a draft (you never need to click a "Save" button!), even if you close the browser or tab. You can view the last time your draft was auto-saved in the top left corner of your screen. Find your drafts in the Uncategorized Drafts category in Content. Say goodbye to losing hard work!
In the body of your post, you can type away, upload content, or get some help from the internet. Clicking the bit (the + icon) will give you a toolbar offering text and content addition options, explained below. (This button will be pink in the mobile app.)
- Change text format and font
- Upload an image or gallery
- Search for a gif online
- Add a video from YouTube
- Paste a link
- Add a tweet or embed from any of our supported providers (check them all out here)
You can also highlight your text to bring up a toolkit bar to bold, italicize, underline, link, or format your paragraph with bullet points, numbers, or as a quote. It will look like this:
When you're finished adding content to a post, you can close it to save as a draft, or click the publish button on the top right. Here, you can choose to publish immediately or schedule the post to publish at a certain time. Finally, select the pre-existing category* your post belongs within on your website, or click the bit ("+") to create a new category.
Note: Currently, each post can only be assigned to one category. This is something we plan on changing soon, so keep an eye out for updates.
Within the Verst Dashboard, you can also click into Posts to edit your work. There, you will be able to see all your categories and posts, as in the picture below.
Click next to any category to delete it, edit the name, or recategorize all of the posts to a different category. You can also click into a category to see all of its posts. They will be separated into Published posts, Drafts and Scheduled Posts. Each post will also have that 3 dotted option icon. Clicking it will allow you to edit the post, delete it, change the category, or get a shareable link.
Happy publishing! Feel free to check out some related articles and to email us at email@example.com if our FAQ isn’t helping. If so, please let us know how we can make it better. :)