Welcome to Verst!
Once you have created a login and selected a template, you will see your Verst Dashboard and a starter homepage awaiting customization.
On Verst Mobile, the home screen has a snapshot of your latest post and your site over the last 24 hours. The screen will also have personalized insights based on your site's performance:
Tip: The Verst mobile app is a great way to receive notifications, stay up to date with analytics about your site, and edit posts on the go.
Click on these links to learn more about each menu item:
Before publishing your first post, go to these three sections (explained below) of your Verst Dashboard to make your site your own:
To find these categories on Verst Mobile, select the menu icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Go to Design from your Verst Dashboard to find lots of ways you can customize your new site.
- Select Design Packs to find pre-made complete styles for your site. Click on each to test it out.While you play with the different options, you will see a preview of how your website has changed on the right.
- If you want to further customize the look of your site, go to Design. For a brief overview of all the ways you can customize your site here, check out Layouts and Navigation and Colors and Fonts.
- To customize the look and features on your homepage, click Homepage. Here you will be able to add photos, embeds, videos and more to your homepage. Check out Customizing the Homepage to learn more about this.
When you're ready, click Save.
If you have any comments, feedback, or suggestion on how we can improve our Design options, feel free to send an email to email@example.com
Go back to your main Verst Dashboard. Click on account at the bottom of the Dashboard and select Site Settings.
Here you can find many customization options for your account and site, including the options to add a logo and a website name. This is also where you will add your custom domain, social icons, advertisements, and more. If you have questions about adding a custom domain, check out our article about it here.
Here at Verst, we make publishing simple, but we've still got lots of options! At the end of this overview, there will be a list of related FAQ articles if you’d like to learn more about adding content via mobile or web. Here are the basics.
Let’s recall what the dashboard looks like:
The easiest way to get started is by clicking on the pink notepad.
Ta-da! You’ve already created your first draft.
Tip: To go back to your homepage, close the post you are working on or click at the top left. Your homepage appears when you have selected one of the options on the left.
From here, you can:
- Upload a header image for your post by clicking the landscape icon at the far right. Once you’ve uploaded an image, you can reformat it or delete it by clicking the trashcan icon.
- Use the to set a focal point. This will make sure your images adjusts the way you want across all devices!
- Title your post (Tip: Select A/B in the top right corner to A/B test two different titles or header images and find out which one gets more clicks.)
- Jump right into telling your story!
Once you have created a new post, it will automatically save as a draft without you needing to click a "Save" button, even if you close the browser or tab. You can find these drafts in the Drafts section in Posts. Say goodbye to losing hard work!
In the body of your post, you can type away, upload content, or get some help from the internet. Clicking the bit (the + icon) will give you a toolbar offering text and content addition options, explained below. (This button will be pink in the mobile app.)
- Change text format and font
- Upload an image or gallery
- Search for a gif online
- Add a video from YouTube
- Paste a link
- Add a tweet or embed from any of our supported providers (check them all out here)
- Search for videos, audio, images, gifs to add to your post
You can also highlight your text to bring up a toolkit bar to bold, italicize, underline, link, or format your paragraph with bullet points, numbers, or as a quote. It will look like this:
When you're finished adding content to a post, you can close it to save as a draft, or click the publish button on the top right. Here, you can choose to publish immediately or schedule the post to publish at a certain time. Finally, select the pre-existing category* your post belongs within on your website, or click the + sign to create a new category.
Note: Currently, each post can only be assigned to one category. This is something we plan on adjusting in the future, so keep an eye out for updates.
Within the Verst Dashboard, you can also click into Posts to edit your work. There, you will be able to see all your categories and posts, like in the picture below.
Click next to any category to delete it, edit the name, or recategorize all of the posts to a different category. You can also click into a category to see all of its posts. They will be separated into Published posts, Drafts, and Scheduled Posts. Each post will also have that 3 dotted option icon. Clicking it will allow you to edit the post, delete it, change the category, or get a shareable link.
Happy publishing! Feel free to check out some related articles and to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if our FAQ isn’t helping. If so please let us know how we can make it better :)