First, go to Customize >> Homepage to edit the homepage.
The homepage feature is the first thing visitors will see on your site and you will see in the homepage editor. Here, you can choose the feature that is displayed. You have the option to place your latest post, your logo, text, a call-to-action, an image, or a carousel of posts. Choose one from the dropdown menu.
Once you selected "Image" from the dropdown menu, click the add image icon in the bottom right corner of the image field that shows up. Here, you have the option to upload an image from your computer or search the internet for a free image to use .
After selecting an image, you can then choose a focal point by clicking . This will ensure sure the image adjusts the way you'd like across all screen sizes! When you change the focal point, you will immediately see the image change on your website. Once you are happy with your photo click Done to save your focal point, or Reset to start over.
Additional Homepage Feature Options:
- By selecting latest post from the drop down menu, your most recent article will appear at the top of your site
- Choosing Logo will cause your own personal logo to appear. If you're not sure how to upload your logo to your site, click here
- If you select Text, you can click the text box and write a personalized message to your site visitors
- Call-to-action: this will create a call-to-action for your readers to interact with. Click on the button to personalize the button text and URL. If you're not sure what a call-to-action is, please click here
- Carousel: will display a carousel of posts (latest posts or featured posts you select) as your homepage feature